Get to Know About Assessment
- The Difference between Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning
|Assessment of Learning
|Assessment for Learning
|Assessment carried out after the learning process is complete.
|Assessment carried out during the learning process and is usually used as a basis for improving the teaching and learning process.
|Usually summarize information into marks, scores, or grades.
|Usually detailed, specific, and descriptive feedback in words and in relation to criteria that has been sent.
|Usually compares the student’s learning with either other students or the ‘standard’ for a grade level.
|Usually focused on improvement, compared with the student’s ‘previous best’ and progress towards standard.
|Examples: Ujian Nasional, Ujian Sekolah
|Examples : Assignment, Quiz, Project, Presentation
- The Difference between Formative and Summative Assessment
|Occur during a learning activity.
|Occur at the end of a learning activity.
|Aim to monitor student learning.
|Aim to evaluate student learning.
|Provide students with feedback.
|Yield a specific score or result.
|Aims to determine the development of student’s mastery of the unit/chapter/competency being studied.
|Aims to determine the learning achievement of students from learning that has ended.
- The Role of Feedback in the Assessment
Feedback is an interaction between teachers to students and also students to other students. Feedback helps students to:
- Encourages them to think critically about their work and to reflect on what they need to do to improve it
- Helps them see their learning in new ways and gain increased satisfaction from it.
- Guide students on what steps to take to improve.
- Develop their capability to monitor, evaluate and regulate their own learning.
- What’s New in CH Assessment 2021/2022
Formative Assessment (what you do daily):
- Daily Post-Test
Summative Assessment (what you do mid-semesterly or semesterly, and you can choose one among the following options):
- Assistance at School
- Social Service
- Independent Project
- Students Exchange